Seeing as we are specialists in string quartet hire for wedding music we thought we would share some quick pointers to London string quartet hire for your wedding! What is important to look for when researching string quartet hire?
We all love social media to keep up with our friends and who doesn’t love Pinterest for wedding planning! Have a look through the string quartet’s profiles and blogs (see ours to the left!) to see what latest performances they have been up to – some string quartet’s only play a couple of times a month together in peak wedding season. Where as the best London musicians for hire will play together several times a week all year!
2) Professional Musicians
Sadly there are groups put together by agencies or ones who pop up on the scene who are made up of musicians who have never met before, or non-pros playing as a hobby that just can’t provide the quality of an established group. For a stress free wedding booking from start to finish hire a quartet with lots of experience and 100% professional musicians. From Niche String Quartet’s experience of playing at 100s of weddings every year, organising and looking after things perfectly from the first enquiry takes a lot of hard work and you need lots of experience to make sure you can create the perfect bespoke experience every-time!
3) Do they have everything they need?
Seen a group of talented musicians? Great! What makes a great string quartet for hire for weddings?
- Insurance – A lot of top wedding venues require at least £10million Public Liability Insurance
- Quality Equipment – For the best possible sound quality (to bring tears of happiness to your guests’ eyes!) Niche Quartet’s fine instruments are worth more than a brand new car…each! For amplified performances we have equipment worth over £2000 that is fully PAT tested ready for use at any type of venue
- Music – Do they have enough varied music to entertain your guests of all ages for hours? Is there that one song that you dream of walking down the aisle to – can they arrange to learn this song for you? Perhaps you need a certain type of string quartet music to fit your wedding theme. See our repertoire list filled with fantastic classical and modern wedding music, film music and more!
- Style – Are they presentable and flexible to fit with a formal black tie event, a Midsummer Summers Night dream themed ceremony (yes we have dressed the part at The Globe no less!) a Moulin Rouge party or a Disney Themed wedding!
- Love – Most importantly do they look like they love what they are doing! Helping couple’s have an unforgettable wedding, entertaining guests with live music performances that they have never seen the likes of before and making that once in a lifetime walk up and down the aisle perfect!
Look, Listen, Love…Niche London String Quartet <3